Sunday, November 13, 2011

Letting Go....

      In our lives there's always going to be heartache and pain. This can come in many forms: losing a loved one, divorce, losing a job, and letting people go, just to name a few. This past week has been full of heartache and pain not only for me, but for several people. In the middle of this whirlwind of emotions, though, I have started to find comfort in the little things. Like a smile coming from my daughter that isn't feeling so well, or a hug from my other daughter that is hurting and just as confused as I am. We have even found laughter in youtube videos by Tim Hawkins (please go check these out!).
     God never said that we would not experiance pain, hurt, or sadness in this lifetime, but He does promise that there will be no more tears when we are with Him in Heaven. That's what I'm looking forward to! He also never said that as Christians our lives would be easy. No, we will face pursecution and trials. A dear friend of mine once told me, "When the time comes are you going to remain seated with the judges, or stand with the pursecuted?" I will choose to stand no matter how scared I may be, or what people may say. This life is all about the decisions we make, and at the end of it those decisions will determine if my Father welcomes me home as a good and faithful servant, or turns me away because He never knew me. I make the choice to not only stand before my Maker as His servant, but to also be the example so that my children can do the same. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
     Here are some people who are helping us get there:


                                         My Grandmother: Inez Edwards

                                                    My Daughter: Michaela

                                             My Best Friend: Mrs. Jeri


                                                     Youth Leader Summer 2010: Clint Wren


                                    Youth Leader 2011: Jordan Rogers and his wife Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment